Last week, I wrote a post about Vancouver’s old streetcar system, which included some historical film footage from 1907 and my lament that our city never kept the two trams used here during the 2010 Olympics. There was a plan to extend the Olympic streetcar line from Science World on False Creek through to Chinatown, Gastown and eventually to Stanley Park. But it never happened. This week, Los Angeles approved spending $125 million on a new streetcar system for its downtown. The story is here. It shows that some civic leaders have renewed faith in streetcars as a viable transit option.
Looking for something?
Most Viewed Posts this week
- A short history of Gastown: The birth of Vancouver, Canada
- Valentine's Day gifts for him & her at Angel Vancouver
- New Mickey Mouse T-shirt for kids from Desigual at Angel Vancouver
- Filmmaker Terry Gilliam's final art school project (with video of Monty Python's Lumberjack Song)
- New Desigual shipment of spring 2013 collection arrived today at Angel Vancouver (with video of Marilyn Monroe)
- Up to 50% off all Desigual at Angel
- Angel Hand-painted shirts
- Christian Lacroix for Desigual
- Compañía Fantástica
- Desigual for Kids
- Desigual scarves foulards
- Pink Martini clothing
- Pink Martini clothing from Vancouver
- Smash clothing
- Vancouver History
Store Hours & Contact Info1-604-681-0947Mon to Thurs: 1 to 4 pm
Friday: 1 to 5 pm
Sat & Sunday: 1 pm to 4 pm
- Follow angelvancouver on WordPress.com
No Instagram images were found.