Last week, I wrote a post about Vancouver’s old streetcar system, which included some historical film footage from 1907 and my lament that our city never kept the two trams used here during the 2010 Olympics. There was a plan to extend the Olympic streetcar line from Science World on False Creek through to Chinatown, Gastown and eventually to Stanley Park. But it never happened. This week, Los Angeles approved spending $125 million on a new streetcar system for its downtown. The story is here. It shows that some civic leaders have renewed faith in streetcars as a viable transit option.
Looking for something?
Most Viewed Posts this week
- First of Desigual collection from fall/winter 2013 has arrived
- Lou Reed: his last photo & Laurie Anderson's farewell to Lou
- French investment group announces €285-million partnership with Desigual
- Desigual's fall-winter 2013 collection for women
- Bob Dylan posts new interactive video online
- A short history of Gastown: The birth of Vancouver, Canada
- This week's special: 20 per cent off Desigual "Medianoche" jacket at Angel Vancouver'
- Desigual for Men: Spring 2020 collection
- Desigual for women: Summer 2020
- Desigual for Men: Spring-Summer 2021 collection
- Angel Hand-painted shirts
- Christian Lacroix for Desigual
- Compañía Fantástica
- Desigual Fall-Winter 2021 collection Vancouver Canada
- Desigual for Kids
- Desigual for Women – Summer 2021
- Desigual scarves foulards
- Pink Martini clothing
- Pink Martini clothing from Vancouver
- Smash clothing
- Vancouver History
Store Hours & Contact Info1-604-681-0947Mon to Saturday: 11 to 6 pm
Sunday: noon to 6 pm
Join 905 other followers
- Follow angelvancouver on WordPress.com
No Instagram images were found.